You’d think that finding a good nude lipstick would be easy, but not so for this Lipstick Bandit. My warm, darker complexion makes it tricky. A pink-leaning nude looks bad, except when it’s Chanel. My ideal nude lipstick is peachy beige. Meet MAC Freckletone Lipstick ($17.50 CDN / $15 US), my favourite (beige) nude.
MAC Freckletone Lipstick
Freckletone is a bit different for Lustre formula, having opaque coverage instead of the usual medium-sheer pigmentation. It does have the wonderful sheen of Lustres. Besides the actual colour, I think it’s this sheen that makes this lipstick very flattering. Think Beyoncé. The look is youthful and fresh, without crossing over into goopy glossy lips territory.
MAC Freckletone Lipstick Swatch
And of course, I must wear nude lips with — what else — a smokey eye.
Wearing MAC Freckletone Lipstick
Also wearing: MAC Club Eyeshadow, MAC Pro Sculpting Creams
Read on to read about the other Lipstick Bandits’ favourite nude lipsticks…
- Beauty Reflections
- Eye Heart It
- Getting Cheeky
- Messy Wands
- Musing on Beauty
- My Funny Valentine
- My Women Stuff
- theNotice: a beauty blog
Missed our previous Lipstick Bandit collaborations? Check them out here:
- Beware of the Lipstick Bandits.
- Lipstick Bandits Strike Again: Fall Lipsticks We Crave.
- Lipstick Bandits Holiday Edition: We Do Sparkles. MOAR SPARKLEZ!
- Lipstick Bandits: The One That Started The Obsession.
- Lipstick Bandits: MAC Viva Glam V Looks Good On All Of Us, And Here’s Proof.
- Lipstick Bandits: Sheer for Summer with L’Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Lipcolour