Here is an eye look that I whipped up today because inspiration struck. Since I got off work early, I decided to play with the sunlight and show off some shimmery colours. Enjoy!
Products used (left to right)
Vasanti Gold from Go Canada! palette
NARS Night Porter
Sassy Minerals Spin the Bottle
MAC Soft Brown
Get the Look
- Wet a flat synthetic brush, and apply a light gold (Vasanti Gold) on the inner 1/3 of the lid. Take the same light gold eyeshadow and apply to the inner 1/3 of the lower lash line.
- Using a fluffy eye shadow brush, take a dark green (NARS Night Porter) and apply to the outer 2/3 of the lid, making a rounded shape past the crease. Smudge the dark green into the outer 2/3 of your lower lash line.
- Using a clean blending brush, sweep the light gold lightly over the dark green to blend them together.
- Apply a matte dark brown (MUFE Espresso) with a pointed crease brush (MAC 226) into the crease and outer V.
- Blend out with a matte medium brown (MAC Soft Brown) above the dark brown.
- Pat on a shimmery golden green (Sassy Minerals Spin the Bottle) on to the middle of the lid. Blend to complete the transition from light gold, to golden green, to dark green.
- Line lower and upper waterlines with a black liner (Annabelle Ohmygoth!).
- Apply false lashes to the upper lash line, but under the lashes. This is an application technique I saw on a watercolour sky.
- Put on as much mascara (L’Oreal Waterproof Carbon Black) as your lashes can handle. 😛
Warning: I get shutter happy when I see my eyeshadow glimmer in the sun.
Oopsie! Pardon the glitter fallout. I used a different glitter before, and well, it didn’t quite work out.
Holy glitter Batman! I am totally obsessed with layering Sassy Minerals pigments on top of eyeshadows to give them that added oomph!
Here’s a better look at the false lashes applied underneath the lash line. It was quite easy to do actually, except these cheap Asian mall lashes are garbage.
What’s Your Take on the Summer Smoky Eye?
Would you choose a different colour? How would you wear the summer smoky eye? Personally, I would pair this look with peach cheeks and lips and a lot of bronzer.