I’m still fighting through my makeup rut so yesterday I ventured into smoky eyes. I didn’t want to wear the usual grey/black smoky eye; instead I wore blues.
Get the Look
- Use Annabelle Taupe Eyebrow Pencil (Quo discontinued my beloved 3-in-1, so sad!) to fill the brows. A smoky eye is never complete without a good brow.
- For depth, apply Annabelle B-Ray Eyeshadow (matte deep navy) all over the lid and blended out slightly above the crease. Smudge B-Ray on the outer 2/3 of your lower lashline. (Damn you, Rae for messing up my low buy :P)
- After misting a flat shadow brush with MAC Fix+, take a little bit of Sassy Minerals Jinx Eyeshadow (sparkly aqua) on the brush and pat all over B-Ray. This will add the sparkle to your smoky eye. Smudge over B-Ray along the lower lashline; this time, go all the way in to the inner corner.
- Add a teeny bit of MAC Carbon Eyeshadow (matte black) on the outer V bring in slightly to the crease.
- To add warmth and to bring the look together, blend MAC Soft Brown Eyeshadow (matte medium warm brown) above the blues.
- Dip a Q-tip in makeup remover, and clean up the shape so that you get slight wing. Don’t forget to re-touch the outer corners with foundation or concealer. Lightly blend out the outer corner to soften the wing.
- Use Urban Decay Zero Eyeliner Pencil (creamy black) to line the upper lashline, and upper and lower waterlines.
- Put on a good volumizing mascara. Here I used MUFE Smoky Lash Mascara. Sorry about the clumps! I was taking tons of pictures when I realized that I didn’t have mascara on, so this was a quick swipe of mascara before I took one last pic before running out the door.
To My Brown Eyed Girls…
Have you ventured into blue eyeshadow or eyeliner yet? If not, you have to! It really brings out browns like no other. 🙂