Inspired by the Carnaval in Rio de Janerio, Brazil, Revlon’s Global Artistic Director Gucci Westman brings an exciting vibrant hues to the brand’s summer collection. Rio Rush is a limited edition collection brings colourful matte and tropical shades that perfectly captures the essence of the festival.
The collection has two new shades of Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow ($12.95).
- Exotic includes an icy white shimmer, matte teal, shimmery gold, and matte orange. This performs better of the two; all shades including the matte ones are soft and pigmented. All the shades were swatched with one pass only.
- Wild includes a shimmery champagne, matte yellow, matte medium purple, and matte dark grey. While the champagne and yellow are super vibrant and impressive, the purple and dark grey left much to be desired. The latter two were dry and took several swipes to build colour. I suspect these would better perform over a creamy base or a primer.
Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow in Wild (left) and Exotic (right)
Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow in Wild
Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow in Exotic
There are 4 new limited edition shades of Revlon Nail Enamel ($5.95).
- Carioca Crush, a vibrant blue + Copa Sunset, a creamy orange red. Swatched on fun size beauty.
- Oi Beautiful, a creamy violet. This is a really beautiful one-coat wonder. The medium-thick formula was self-levelling and provided full coverage with ease.
- Gold Goddess, a golden flake-y topcoat. Golden glitter flakes suspended in a clear base is my idea of nail art. That’s it guys. When layered over white or a nude nail, it creates a subtle nail art that anyone — even the beauty blogger who can’t wield a nail polish brush — can master.
Revlon Nail Enamel in Oi Beautiful and Gold Goddess
Revlon Nail Enamel in Oi Beautiful and Gold Goddess (over Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy in Sure Thing)
Oh, and there are 3 new shades of Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick ($9.50), one of my favourite drugstore formulas.
- Carnival Spirit, a sheer coral orange. swatched on Tęczowa Banieczka.
- Sultry Samba, a matte vibrant pink. While it is drier than its creme counterpart, the Revlon matte is still quite a comfortable formula. Sultry Samba is great to wear on its own with minimal makeup on the rest of the face. So great when your face is melting off because of the humidity of Toronto summers.
- Brazilian Tan, a creamy caramel. This creamy formula is full-coverage and perfectly pairs with a golden tan.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks in Sultry Samba and Brazilian Tan
Revlon ColorStay Crème Gel Eyeliner in Rio Blue ($10.95) is a deep metallic navy.
Revlon ColorStay Crème Gel Eyeliner in Rio Blue / Super Lustrous Lipsticks in Sultry Samba and Brazilian Tan
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Sultry Samba
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Brazilian Tan
Do any products catch your eye? My must-haves are the lipsticks, and Wild palette. Stay tuned for a makeup look using products from this collection. I’m so inspired by Olivia Wilde’s promotion poster!