Maybe Mother Nature was listening to my cries of beauty blogger burnout, but she gave us a snow day in Toronto today! That means I have a tutorial for you! 🙂
I don’t know who Shu Qi is. Okay… was just told that she’s a Taiwanese actress who started out as a Playboy model. There’s your trivia for the day. The other thing I know is that wow, she’s stunning.
Photographed by Chen Man
I’ll give you a second to pick yourself up off the floor. 😉
Get the Look
- Start with a matte ivory base (Urban Decay Kinky) all over the eye lid up to the brow bone.
- Place a matte medium brown (Laura Mercier Cafe au Lait) all over the lid.
- Start sketching out the smokey eye shape with a deep bronze (Urban Decay Barlust). Place on the inner crease and outer crease and pull out towards the temples.
- Blend that out like your life depends on it.
- Deepen the inner crease with a matte dark brown (Urban Decay Backdoor). Also place the same colour along the inner and outer thirds of the lower lash line.
- Brighten the lid and middle of the lower lash line with a shimmery light taupe (L’Oreal Tender Caramel).
- With a pencil brush, darken the outer and inner crease with a matte black (Urban Decay Blackout). Also take this on the outer corner of the lower lash line.
- Blend that out like your life depends on it. Seeing a pattern here?
- Highlight under the brows with a shimmery champagne (Laura Mercier Sunlit).
- Line the waterlines and smudge a black pencil (Urban Decay Perversion) on the top lash line. Add mascara and the eyes are done!
- Fake fuller lips by outlining with a nude brown lip pencil (MAC Oak).
- Fill in the lips with a sheer nude lipstick (Giorgio Armani Rouge d’Armani Sheer 100 — part of Spring 2013 collection).
Keep reading to see the tutorial and more pictures!
I hope you try this smokey eye technique. 🙂 It’s more dramatic than I’m used to. If you want to tone it down, don’t take it too far out and up the crease. I promise you’ll love it.