Maybe Mother Nature was listening to my cries of beauty blogger burnout, but she gave us a snow day in Toronto today! That means I have a tutorial for you!
I don’t know who Shu Qi is. Okay… was just told that she’s a Taiwanese actress who started out as a Playboy model. There’s your trivia for the day. The other thing I know is that wow, she’s stunning.
Photographed by Chen Man
I’ll give you a second to pick yourself up off the floor.
Get the Look
- Start with a matte ivory base (Urban Decay Kinky) all over the eye lid up to the brow bone.
- Place a matte medium brown (Laura Mercier Cafe au Lait) all over the lid.
- Start sketching out the smokey eye shape with a deep bronze (Urban Decay Barlust). Place on the inner crease and outer crease and pull out towards the temples.
- Blend that out like your life depends on it.
- Deepen the inner crease with a matte dark brown (Urban Decay Backdoor). Also place the same colour along the inner and outer thirds of the lower lash line.
- Brighten the lid and middle of the lower lash line with a shimmery light taupe (L’Oreal Tender Caramel).
- With a pencil brush, darken the outer and inner crease with a matte black (Urban Decay Blackout). Also take this on the outer corner of the lower lash line.
- Blend that out like your life depends on it. Seeing a pattern here?
- Highlight under the brows with a shimmery champagne (Laura Mercier Sunlit).
- Line the waterlines and smudge a black pencil (Urban Decay Perversion) on the top lash line. Add mascara and the eyes are done!
- Fake fuller lips by outlining with a nude brown lip pencil (MAC Oak).
- Fill in the lips with a sheer nude lipstick (Giorgio Armani Rouge d’Armani Sheer 100 – part of Spring 2013 collection).
Keep reading to see the tutorial and more pictures!
I hope you try this smokey eye technique. It’s more dramatic than I’m used to. If you want to tone it down, don’t take it too far out and up the crease. I promise you’ll love it.