Can you believe it’s already October tomorrow? You know what that means — in just a little over a month, the International Makeup Artist Trade Show a.k.a. IMATS will once again be taking Toronto by storm!
My experience last year was extremely fun, and this year is going to be bigger (literally) and better! On November 6 and 7 (Saturday and Sunday) at the Toronto Congress Centre, join me, other Toronto beauty bloggers and makeup artists for two fun-filled days of makeup and artistry.
If you are not familiar with the show and its exhibitors, let me introduce you to some of them.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER. If you’re even a tiny bit interested on getting MAKE UP FOR EVER products, get there early on Saturday. Otherwise, expect a long line up as MUFE offers a delicious 40% discount on all of its products. 40% OFF. Need I say more? Here are some of my must haves: Smoky Lash mascara (amazing volume), HD Blushes, HD Concealer, #112 Blush (for a healthy pink glow).
- FACE atelier. I still think there’s no better liquid foundation than FACE atelier’s. It is super lightweight, natural looking, and cruelty free. I also am planning to pick up a full sized Peach Lip Glaze.
- Crown Brush. Excellent quality brushes for cheap ($2-$7). They make fantastic eye brushes and a big flat top kabuki brush, so stock up!
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. I didn’t get to buy any OCC last year as they sold out fast, but I plan to pick up one or two of their lip tars this year. I’ve been told that they are also bringing the new Fall 2010 colours.
- Alcone. Alcone makeup remover cloth is my top pick for lazy face makeup removal (come on, we all have those days!). They are non-scratchy and in my opinion, better than MAC wipes.
If shopping is not your thing (LOL, yeah right ;)) the workshops are equally fascinating and great for picking up new tricks. I went to see a MAC workshop last year, where the MAC Senior Artist recreated this runway look:
From what I remember, the artist used Teddy Eye Kohl, and my old standby Dainty Mineralize Blush to get the pink cheek.
So, Will I See You There?
I hope so! What’s on your list of things to get so far? By the way, tickets are now on sale, so get yours here!
IMATS is produced by Make-Up Artist magazine.