A couple of weeks ago, my hands were literally in a rough shape. My ring was was rubbing my skin in all the wrong places and giving me the itchies. On top of that, the cold winter was making my skin crack. It hurt so much!
Notice that was all in past tense. When The Asian Pear recommended the Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream to me I immediately snatched one up to test out. (Have you seen her lotions and creams stash? Massive.) I have always been impressed with Aveeno products and I am happy to report that this is no exception.
Aveeno claims that this fragrance-free formula will moisturize skin for 24 hours and last through hand washing. They also say that this is gentle enough for those who have sensitive skin. Sounds to good to be true right?
What Makes It a Drugstore Superhero
- Really lasts through hand washing. They don’t lie. This really does last through 2 or 3 hand washes, and I can’t say that about any other hand cream I’ve tried. It absorbs enough into your skin that you don’t need to moisturize after every hand wash. So you’ll save some money in the long run. 🙂 We like that.
- Fast absorbing and non-greasy. When I was asking for recommendations over Twitter, I didn’t even care if the hand cream I buy was greasy or not; I needed something that worked, period. But this was a very welcome bonus. It means that I can keep typing on my keyboard without turning it into a greasy mess.
- Instant results. When I try a new cream, first impressions are very important. I liked that this fragrance-free hand cream is, in fact, free of any fragrances. It left my hands with a silky barrier of moisture. I gotta be honest, at first it didn’t feel intense enough to cure my cracked hands, but I was totally wrong; it did its job! 😀
- Amazing long term hydration. I don’t usually pay attention to how my hands look. I know I probably should take better care of my hands from now on. I haven’t been using anything else besides this hand cream, and my god!, my hands look younger?! Is that even possible? It is more even toned, super smooth, and soft. I am quite amazed at the difference in my skin’s appearance.
- All over lotion in a pinch. Hello scaly winter legs (so sexy, right?), you can go away now.
I can’t say anything bad about this hand cream. What can I say? I’m totally smitten. And at around $10, what a steal! If your skin is struggling to keep hydrated, I beg you to get yourself to the drugstore right now and pick one up. You won’t be disappointed. Holy grail, meet your newest member. Rating: A+++++.