I know you’ve all been waiting for it! 😉 Just kidding! LOL. Before I start this review, a few things about me and my previous foundation experiences:
- I prefer liquid foundation over powder / mineral foundation (are you surprised?).
- I have combination skin: oily on the cheeks and t-zone, dry around my nose.
- I’m not looking for a heavy coverage foundation, so a natural finish and lightweight foundation is a must.
- Because of that, I don’t usually wear foundation everyday. I usually just spot conceal.
Other Things About FACE atelier Ultra Foundation
- It is silicone-based, and oil-free.
- It is designed to give a dewy, natural finish.
- FACE atelier is based in Canada! Yay for Canadian brands! 😀
Before I went to IMATS, I knew that one of the products I wanted to check out was FACE atelier Ultra Foundation, based on the recommendations by Joy @ MakeupJunkie.ca. My summer tan has faded, so I needed a new foundation to match my skin tone. So, before I start blabbering on further, let’s look at pictures!
Note: I am wearing under eye concealer in this shot. I planned on going sans concealer, but realizing that I look like death without it, I turned to my fave under eye concealer theBalm Time Balm for a quick fix.
What’s your favourite Sunday morning pastime?
Mine’s taking makeup photos. LOL.
- This takes care of minor imperfections beautifully. It covered darkness on the sides of my nose bridge, neutralizes the redness on my cheeks and forehead, and erases some pores on my nose.
- This foundation stays on all-day, until I take it off… my face wipes tell the truth. This does not rub off on anything, even my iPhone. I bet you don’t even need to set this with powder, because it doesn’t dry sticky to the touch.
- I’m not exaggerating: this feels like nothing on. Except my skin looks better.
- The formula applies and blends like a dream. One pump covers my whole face. Just make sure you’re well moisturized.
- You can also bump up to a medium/medium-full coverage by stippling it on using a duo fibre skunk brush like the Quo Bronzing Powder Brush. So, not only do you get a great sheer foundation, but also a fuller coverage when you need it! And a confession: I can tell it is a heavier coverage because my foundation is actually too light for my skin :(. That’s why we have bronzers right?
- It is expensive at $45 for 1 oz, but the results are worth it in my opinion.
- … that’s it.
This is a fantastic choice of foundation for those who are looking for sheer to medium coverage. I am extremely pleased with this, and that cannot be said for all of the other foundations I have tried in the past. I am giving this a spot in my holy grail of makeup products. Rating: A+++++ (I’ve run out of +’s).
P.S. You know I like a product when I write the longest review ever (EVARRR!).